BRANSTON AND MERE PARISH COUNCIL
17a Church Road, Branston, Lincoln LN4 1LZ
Job title: Assistant Parish Clerk
Location: Branston & Mere Parish Office, 17a Church Road, Branston, LN4 1LZ
Salary Range: NJC for Local Government Scale SCP 7-12, £24,294 – £26,421 pro rata
Part time: 16 to 20 hours per week
Annual leave: 25 days pro rata
Branston and Mere Parish Council is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Assistant Parish Clerk with an interest in the local community. Experience of working in a local council office would be beneficial, but not essential.
You will be working as part of a small team reporting to the Parish Clerk. You will be located within the Parish Office, located in the village of Branston and a flexible approach is essential as occasional attendance at evening meetings will be required. Applicants will be motivated, highly organised and committed to delivering excellent customer service to the residents of Branston, Branston Booths, Mere and Longhills.
You’ll have excellent communication skills and the ability to develop strong relationships with parish councillors, parishioners and other bodies. It is advantageous but not essential to have legislative knowledge for parish/town councils.
You must be able to work on your own initiative and demonstrate the ability to work flexibly. Frequent contact with people within and outside this small team to provide or obtain information is required, so good verbal and written communication skills are needed.
The key things we are looking for are transferable skills and capabilities, so do not be put off applying if you don’t have experience in this sector.
- Manage bookings and take payments for the use of Parish Council buildings and facilities
- Prepare and issue agendas and associated documentation for Parish Council meetings, attending where appropriate and produce minutes
- Produce communications such as newsletters and maintain the Parish website and social media e.g., Facebook
- Cover the role of the Library Coordinator within the Parish when required
- Receive, disseminate and record planning applications, including returns to NKDC
- Assisting Parish Councillors with any and all information, including ancillary requests to enable council business to progress
- Ensure all Statutory and recommended documentation (including policies) are reviews and kept up to date e.g., risk register, Landholdings.
Contact and Additional Information
Everyone starting with the Parish Council will be given training and support to succeed in the role.
A full UK driving licence is essential as some travel may be required from time to time.
Application is made by form with CV and any supporting information attached.
For further information on this role, including the application form and job description, please contact Emma Thorpe, Parish Clerk on 01522 853269 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This vacancy is for a permanent position.
The closing date for this vacancy is 8 December 2023 with interviews taking place week commencing 18 December 2023